It is summertime– when more people take to the road in their cars, for various reasons. It’s also the time of the year that more accidents occur. We live in a state where car accidents are relatively prevalent, so it’s crucial for you to know your legal rights. If you or a loved one has been in a crash, you need to contact an auto accident lawyer in Tamarac. You need to call the experienced team of the Cameron Law Group.
An Experienced Auto Accident Lawyer in Tamarac Can Help You with Your Case
Caution is the word of the day if you’re on the road in a car in Florida. New data reveals that Broward County, along with Miami-Dade County top the list of counties with the most traffic collisions in 2017. Traffic accidents usually rise during the summer months. And the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) says July 4th, followed by July 3rd are the deadliest days of the year to drive. You might even notice more officers patrolling the roadways this time of year when more people are likely to drive under the influence.
If you are involved in an accident, obviously getting medical help and calling the police, are top priorities, but there are more steps you should take at the scene of the crash:
- Take pictures/video of the accident scene
- Get names, contact information from any witnesses
- Get driver’s license and license plate information
- Note any nearby traffic cameras
You will also need a paper trail to bolster your case. Be sure to keep track of the following items:
- Receipts from any doctor’s visits
- Receipts from any therapy sessions
- Proof of payment from any services you may have to use, including lawn, laundry, daycare, etc.
- A document from your employer about any loss of pay
- Vehicle value/loss
Call the Cameron Law Group at (954) 472-5646 and speak to one of our experienced attorneys, when you need an auto accident lawyer in Tamarac. Your first personalized consultation is free. We look forward to talking to you!