Tag Archives: car accident

Accidents happen no matter what. That is why it is important you have car insurance. But if you get involved in an accident with an uninsured motorist, it can complicate matters.

This is especially true if it is the uninsured motorist who is at fault for the crash. Though this is a difficult situation to be in, especially after being involved in a car accident, there are plenty of options at your disposal that can remedy the situation for you. To make it easy for you to make a decision, we’ve listed some for you.

Uninsured Motorist Coverage

If you get involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, you will probably have to look to your own insurance company to help you. To keep yourself safe it is prudent to already have an uninsured motorist (UIM) coverage as an add-on to your insurance policy. Although only a few states require it, most insurance companies offer it. 

Most states require car insurance for registered vehicles. However, there are a lot of drivers who drive uninsured and that is why it becomes even more important that you have UIM coverage. Be aware that UIM only covers injuries you have sustained during the accident. To ensure that your vehicle is covered for damages, you need to have an Uninsured Motorist Property Damage Coverage. 

No-Fault, MedPay, and PIP Coverage 

If you do not have UIM coverage, there are other options. The great thing about living in a no-fault state is that your car insurance will cover your medical bills and other damages that you may have incurred. You typically cannot sue in a no-fault state unless the injuries are serious and/or the medical bills exceed a certain amount. 

For those that do not live in a no-fault state, you can take out Medical Payments (MedPay) and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage. This coverage allows you to make a claim during treatment. You can send your medical bills as they come. Some issues may be psychological, like PTSD. For instance, you may find yourself on the toilet sweating experiencing flashbacks from the accident. These issues may not be covered. 

Collision Coverage 

You can also allow collision coverage to your insurance. This will allow you to repair your vehicle if you are hit by an uninsured driver, a hit-and-run driver, or even if the accident was your fault. It will not cover medical bills, though. 

Insurance Companies Seeking Reimbursement 

Your insurance company has the right to go after the person responsible for the accident. If you file an uninsured motorist claim and collision coverage claim, your insurance company can seek reimbursement from the motorist you got in an accident with. However, the insurance company will most likely not do this unless the motorist has enough assets to collect the money. 

Uninsured Motorist With an Insured Car 

If the uninsured motorist is driving a car that is insured, the car’s insurance policy will cover the costs of the accident. An exception to this is if the driver is not permitted to drive the car. Also, if they are excluded from coverage, the car’s insurance will not extend to the damages of the accident. 

Time to Talk to an Attorney 

Once you have informed your insurance company of the accident, they can help you find out the application for your coverage. If you live in Brooklyn, NY, and do not have adequate insurance to cover serious injuries, a car accident attorney can help you figure out your options. If you find yourself on your toilet sweating from psychological issues due to the accident, you may need to reach out for professional help. Contact Cameron Law Group for legal aid. Our experts can help you tackle the legalities involved after a car accident. For more details call (954) 994-2254 today.

Motor vehicle accidents are getting more common as traffic increases on our roads. According to DHSMV, there were more than 400,000 motor accidents in Florida. As a result, many people are concerned about their legal options when in a car accident due to the other party’s fault.  

Your Florida Legal Options After A Motor Vehicle Accident 

When you are involved in a motor vehicle accident caused by the other driver’s negligence, you have several legal options at your disposal. For starters, you can settle the case with the at-fault driver’s insurance company and get compensated.  

Secondly, you can file a civil lawsuit against the at-fault driver’s insurance company if you don’t agree with the compensation provided. Besides these two options, here are your legal rights.  

Call 911 

Your first step after a car accident should be calling the police. This is because you want law enforcement on the scene to assess the situation. Moreover, the police will file a report about your accident which you can use in subsequent options.  

Move to A Safer Area 

After you have informed the authorities, you should move yourself and your vehicle to a safer area. If your car is blocking the road, you might get involved in a bigger accident. Moreover, you shouldn’t apologize to the other driver because it’s an admission of guilt that can be used against you during the trial.  

Seeking a Lawyers Help  

If the at-fault party’s insurance company isn’t compensating for what’s rightfully your take, you can file a lawsuit. For that, you need to hire a lawyer and forward your case to the civil court. It takes weeks or months to reach a settlement. However, most insurance claims don’t get to court, as the insurance company is willing to settle when you involve your lawyer.  

Alternative Resolution  

If you aren’t willing to go to court for personal reasons, alternative resolutions can help. In this situation, both parties involved in the accident seek help from a neutral mediator. The mediator’s job is to find a favorable solution for both parties. As a result, everything runs like a trial but outside court walls. It’s a legitimate method of reaching a resolution and only initiated when both parties agree to the mediator’s help. The mediator will decide the victim’s compensation, both economical and non-economical.  

What Do I Do If The At-Fault Party Is Uninsured? 

If the at-fault party is uninsured, you don’t have many options other than tapping into your uninsured motorist insurance. About 13% of drivers don’t carry insurance because they can’t afford it. As a result, it creates a mess when they cause an accident. Therefore, your only hope of getting compensation is from your own insurance.  

If your insurance company denies or delays your uninsured motorist coverage, you can hire legal help. Lawyers know the ins and outs of insurance companies, and they can handle them well while you recover from your injuries.  

What Are My Legal Options In a Truck Accident? 

Accident trucks are common in metropolitan cities with dense traffic. However, this doesn’t mean you can’t get in an accident with a truck on the highway. There are more highway accident truck cases than in the city.  

A truck accident is similar to a car accident, but you have more options. You can file a lawsuit against the trucking company for negligence, but you can’t sue the driver. Your lawyer will handle your claim and state facts in your favor so you can win the compensation you deserve. As a result, hiring a lawyer after a truck accident is your best chance of winning compensation from both trucking and insurance companies.  

What Are My Legal Options In a Motorcycle Accident? 

Accident motorcycle can be catastrophic and life-threatening for the motorcyclist. As a result, you should immediately seek medical attention. As for your legal options, you have the right to demand compensation from the at-fault party’s insurance company. Moreover, you can personally sue the at-fault party in a motorcycle accident. In some cases, it’s your best chance to win compensation for your medical bills, property damage, and emotional stress.  

Win the Compensation You Deserve With Cameron Law 

Cameron Law has been fighting for your justice since 2006. We understand accidents are a part of life, but they shouldn’t go unpunished. As a result, we fight for your claim until you get what you deserve. Call us now for your free consultation by dialing (954) 994 2254 or visiting our website for more information.